Barclays bank - new warning

Forum Editor 06:56 05 Feb 04

There's a new version of the hoax Barclays bank email doing the rounds. This one goes to great lengths to warn you that there are hoax messages about, and that you should ignore them. It asks you to 'login ' and enter details of your account.

The site that is linked to looks very convincing, and even has a section warning you about "online fraudsters". Needless to say this email is itself an attempt at fraud, and should be deleted. The giveaway is that it's being randomly sent to people who don't even have Barclays accounts.

Stuartli 08:44 05 Feb 04

I don't have a Barclays account, but I'm sure that there will be many who do who will be pleased to have this information.

Incidentally Halifax, which was the "victim" of similar hoax e-mails last year along with other financial institutions, posted a warning on its home banking website about a second bogus e-mail just before the end of January.

Happy1 21:04 05 Feb 04

I have just put a reply in another link on here.

I received an email for Barclays Customers, trouble is I am a Customer. I deleted it and didn't click on anything. I printed a copy for the Bank to show them but they probably know at my Branch.

When I read it I thought it must be a scam but it worried me enough thinking that someone really did have my details and that is why I came on the Forum tonight. I am really glad I did as it has set my mind at rest. I am usually doing my Family Tree research.

Sandra

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…