Bank Login Problem

Bill Griff 10:39 10 May 08

My wife has decided to use the on line banking facility. Don’t know why? (I’ve spent all the money on the car as per usual) First of all I'm running Explorer 6 and I have also tried Fire Fox. The problem is login on, when I say login on, I mean clicking the login button or sign in button, it doesn’t get as far as a new page to enter an account # etc. the page just changes to “The page cannot be displayed, Cannot find server or DNS ” (this is the usual page that pops up when a website has disappeared or the web address is wrong). I've also tried signing/login in on different banks, the results listed below.
Working

HSBC
Alliance & Leicester
C I T I
Co-op
First Direct
Natwest
Yorkshire Bank
Bradford & Bingle

Not Working

Abbey
Lloyds
Halfax
Barclays
Woolwich

I've tried with & without the Norton firewall and anti virus connected and also checked the security, advance and privacy settings in Explorer and Fire Fox, also the time and date is set correct on my computer. I have also cleared the cookies, temp internet files & refreshed the cache. Appreciate any suggestions.

bretsky 11:47 10 May 08

As far as I can see, when going to the login screen for the above "not working" they all worked on Opera except Abbey and I got this page
click here . when using F/F for the Abbey, the page just didn't work(graphics and links all over the place)so I clicked on the IE tab page converter in F/F and the page appeared correct and I can access the login page, can't get any further as I do not have an account with any of these sites. Natwest, I knows works for Opera and F/F.

Java script and java perhaps?

HTH

bretsky ;0)

Conny 11:55 10 May 08

Just logged into A&L using F/F no problem.
I have ALL my security setups turned on as well. AVG, Firewall, Spyware terminator etc.
Sorry this is probably no help.

bretsky 11:57 10 May 08

Opera Security protocols

Enabled SSL 3
Enabled TLS 1
Enabled TLS 1.1

& Firefox

Use SSL 3.1 checked

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…