Bank details viewed on unsecured network

Little Em 04:34 07 Feb 09

We have inadvertantly checked our bank details on an unsecured network, what are the chances anyone has picked up on this and what could happen please ?

Diodorus Siculus 04:41 07 Feb 09

Almost certainly nothing averse will have happened; if you have any concerns change your banking log-on passwords and rest easy.

birdface 08:04 07 Feb 09

How did you manage to do that.All banks have secure networks.
If worried maybe inform your bank in case of any illegal transactions do occur.
Like Diodorus Siculus says change your passwords and keep your fingers crossed.As some banks may not cover you for using an un-secure network or if you do not have proper security on your computer.
So far I have not heard of any banks doing this,but a few have threatened to do it.

Miké 08:20 07 Feb 09

Do you mean an unsecured wifi network? don't worry the actual communication to and from the bank will have been encrypted.

Andsome 08:35 07 Feb 09

Download Key Scrambler.

click here

It only appears when you start to type on a web page. If you type a letter and look at where it lives on your screen, you will see that what it types appears to be garbage. The site that you are on is the only site that receives the true words as typed.

Diodorus Siculus 09:42 07 Feb 09

That's what I took it to mean - I don't know of a bank allowing an unsecure connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…