baking up outlookexpress inbox folder

Newuser3477 19:16 13 May 04

How do I back up my outlook inbox folder to a CDROM. Can anyone help me find the file reference of outlook express inbox files in Windows explorer

VoG II 19:27 13 May 04

Windows XP

C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{GUID}\Microsoft
Outlook Express

Other Windows

C:\Windows\Application Data\Outlook Express\{GUID}\Microsoft Outlook Express

{GUID} is the Global Unique Identifier, a long string of characters unique to your PC.

VoG II 19:31 13 May 04

Oh, yes, and it is called inbox.dbx

Newuser3477 23:47 14 May 04

Having succesfully located this file after backing up on a CDROM I cannot find how to open this.
Help plesae

ste_bla 23:58 14 May 04

If you reduce the widow for Outlook Express you can drag your emails out of it into a folder it will rename them to odd file names but then when u drag them back in they will go back 2 normal i did this when transfering my main email address from laptop 2 new desktop.

You can do same with addresses and any of the folders.

Just burn the folders with mail in 2 a cd!

VoG II 00:13 15 May 04

Newuser3477 20:54 17 May 04

I followed file/Import advice, going then to messages and then browsing for in box file as you indicated. Went to Outlook Expres 6, then clicked radio button import from an OE 6 store directory,then browsed for inbox file Then get message store cannot be opened it may be in use by Outlook express. This is pretty obvious a I started the import proceesss in OE>
Please can you help backup inbox

ste_bla 21:08 17 May 04

Just open a folder on your desktop open OE and reduce to half screen and drag the messages into the folder they will just be copied there, then burn folder on CD

Even though some messages will say "message x34" do change back when you drag them back into the OE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…