Bak file open with?

lin_ 13:33 25 Mar 04

Hi
Can someone tell me what to open a Bak file with please.

Eric10 13:43 25 Mar 04

This is usually a backup of some sort. For example, CorelDraw can produce a .bak file of the last version of a file each time you re-save a drawing. Various other programs use this extension; too many to list individually. Take clues from the location of the file as a possible pointer to exactly which program is producing the file. The file's date and time can also help if you know which programs you were running when the file was written.

Taff36 14:26 25 Mar 04

Tip:
I presume the file has a .bak extension. Copy it to another location and rename it to test. followed by the extension you think it should be. (.doc if you think it`s word) Then double click it and word will try to open it. If that fails rename it using another likely file extension (e.g. .xls for excel) & repeat until you get it right.

Also I would have a go at opening it with notepad and scroll through it to see if you get any clues amongst the symbols.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…