Baffled by Outlook Express Problems

Malc1000 21:20 15 Jan 04

Baffled by an Outlook Express issue?
I set up the e-mail account on a clients machine yesterday but I ran into three problems that I'd never seen before.

The first is that in IE6 I wanted to set the Programs option to Outlook Express however OE wasn't listed, only Outlook and Incredimail and I can't just type it in. ?

I went to Outlook Express and the two accounts are working fine, one from his new site (test sent from my machine) and the other via his ISP. However when I wanted to set Outlook Express as his default mail handler it won't save that instruction. I open Tools >> Options, click "Make Default" close, go back and it's reverted to "This is NOT the default mail handler". ?

Finally when he goes to his site, click here to test the e-mail me on the contact page his system asks him for a profile ? I have never seen this before, does anyone know what that is all about please. ?

Thanks for you help.

Chegs ® 21:28 15 Jan 04

Outlook or Incredimail are somehow insisting THEIR boss? and taking back over from OE.Just a guess and no idea on howto change/check either is set as default mail handler.

AndyJ 21:31 15 Jan 04

Under Start / Run trying entering this C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

This should set it as the default mail handler

AndyJ 21:32 15 Jan 04

Sorry should read

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe" /reg

Enter quotes and spaces

Malc1000 21:36 15 Jan 04

Thanks Andy, I'll try it.

Indigo 1 21:59 15 Jan 04

Once Incredimail is set as the default mail handler it is very difficult to change it.

Try copying the address book into Word or notepad and then uninstalling Incredimail, you can always re-install it if necessary from the downloaded .exe file or download it again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…