Baffled, Help please (cloning HDD)

Octoz 12:51 06 Apr 04

System:
550 Mhz PIII
512 RAM
One 40GB HDD 6 partitions
One 123.5 GB HDD 6 partitions dual boot 98SE & XP pro.

Have used Norton Ghost to clone fat32 partition (98SE) and NTFS partition (XP pro) onto 20GB back up drive.

When I try to boot system using 20GB drive as master I get as far as the XP log in screen but no log in icons, just the blue screen. Any ideas please?

TomJerry 13:05 06 Apr 04

From my experience, I found XP is difficult to Clone, no problem with Win2K. What I did is to use WinXP CD to boot up (make XP partion active first) and go to recovery concole and use "fixboot" to fix it.

LANDCRUISER 14:48 06 Apr 04

i have just loaded norton ghost & cloned windows xp with no trouble,the only diff is that i have no partion set up.

GaT7 15:08 06 Apr 04

You can also ask Symantec directly how to rectify this problem - click here. If you haven't used their system before, click on 'start free online support' & follow the onscreen instructions. You'll finally be presented with a form to enter all the necessary details including a description of your problems. Be as specific, articulate & detailed as you can be, as sometimes they badly misunderstand the key issues & give you the wrong solutions! From personal experience they usually reply within 1-2 working days.

Let's know how you get on...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…