splatter 13:58 16 Jun 06

Hi everybody, I was wondering if you could help me with a problem.

My friend has just got a BETA version of the new live messenger. She has been using it fine since last night, but today everytime she starts to type in a conversation window, it gives a BSOD saying BAD_POOL_ERROR.

Now heres the catch, when she signs on with her parents account, Live messenger runs fine, only when she signs on with her own account does it start to play up.

Everything I can find about this points to a possible driver problem, but to 'our' knowledge', no new drivers or hardware has been installed.

About the only thing I have tried to resolve the problem is uninstall Live Messenger, restart laptop and reinstall messenger: but the problem persists.

As always, any help is appreciated,

brundle 14:06 16 Jun 06

From a quick Google, it appears to be some sort of driver conflict as you've found; does the laptop have a webcam or any AV software installed?

splatter 16:38 16 Jun 06

thanks brundle.

Not that it matters now, but no. No AV stuff or webcam. Just a few thing slike photoimpression.

It's been resolved now though. She deleted her user account and made another one, and all is fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…