Badly Scratched CD Restoration Help.

AlanRLong50 16:53 26 Jun 05

Hello and good afternoon all.I have been given a badly scratched cd which I've been asked to try and restore. The music on it belongs to my Godson and comprises of original compositions. The files are not his computer any more and so this cd remains the only recording of his songs.My new computer cannot read it or play it. However,my cd player can and I've copied what I can onto a cdr and downloaded the contents into my Windows Media Player.My question is thus:do any of you good people know of any companies here in the UK that perhaps could take this cd from me and copy the entire contents,filter out the scratches,clicks and pops and restore it to (hopefully) its former glory? I know its a long-shot,but this 5 year old cd represents his second recording and he has been very upset that the original files on his computer are no longer there.Any help,in any way shape or form,would be most welcomed.Thank you very much for your kind help.

De Marcus 16:55 26 Jun 05

You could try recovering them yourself using isobuster click here

Strawballs 17:02 26 Jun 05

you can buy small machines for polishing out scratches I bought mine from Asda and it works quite well

jakimo 17:15 26 Jun 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…