Bad Pool Error

twin 14:35 18 May 03

Can any one help .Just lately my pc has started
to get the blue sceen of death. I am running windows xp home. The problem appears at least twice a day. The error message says BAD POOL ERROR
MACHINE WILL NOW RESTART.I have checked all my hardware every seems fine.

Thanks
twin

is there any pattern to when it happens? with certain programs maybe?

recap 15:14 18 May 03

If you have Audigy Plantinum installed then click here

Lone Crow 15:17 18 May 03

I am guessing here but it sounds like a possible problem with memory, either the actual memory module/s or Windows virtual memory settings. Do you get any warning messages from the BIOS as you start up? It does a POST test that includes memory and ought to alert you if anything is dodgy. You could also try looking in Device Manager to see if anything is listed as having problems - device conflicts or whatever. (Use your Help menu for info if you don't know how to access Device Manager, etc.). Also, have you added any hard/software that could have caused the problem? LC.

recap 15:21 18 May 03

I have just searched further and found that, Bad Pool errors are generally related to video card drivers, check that you have the latest drivers for the card.

twin 15:22 18 May 03

I DID INSTALL A TV CARD A FEW DAYS AGO ITS WORKING FINE. But in device manager the vfw Aux driver is not loaded for the tv card i will load it in now.

twin 15:48 18 May 03

thanks for the help it must be the tv card because
when i try to install the latest drivers the tv card goes missing it will only except the older drivers.

thanks twin

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced