Bad input

Josquius 17:26 18 Jun 06

When I am using my computer my inputs are randomly mucking up.
This can take many forms. Mainly when moving my mouse my internal speaker beeps angrilly and my mouse pauses up for a few seconds.
On games often input will just totally stop responding, occasionally it will repeat a action again and again with nothing responding.
Also sometimes on games things like the above will happen except I will have a bit of control i.e. I'll be stuck going forward but can do all else in accordance with this.

This is not a heat problem I don't think- I have replaced my heat fluid and it can happen as soon as I turn my computer on first thing in the morning irregardless.

I don't think its a problem with trapped wires though that can cause this problem occasionally- my mouse wire is safely out of the way of my keyboard now.

Its not my mouse or keyboard itself- I've tried others but its just as troublesome.

I don't think its a virus- I regularly scan and use things like hijack this, jhave a firewall, have downloaded nothing dfodgy, etc...

Any idea what this is and how I could possibly think about removing it? This problem is a major pain right now and it has afflicted me a few times in the past, it has gone off by itself on some occasions. Once I took it to a computer repair shop where they replaced the motherboard which did seem to fix the problem however I think that was a bit overkill, none of my past computers in the past have had this problem. Motherboards last more then a year usually.

woodchip 17:57 18 Jun 06

I think you have ether Viri Malaware or both

Belatucadrus 18:54 18 Jun 06

You stated in your other thread

"processor usage still seems pretty high at times."

This would tend to indicate that there's a background process as yet unidentified that's making your CPU work pretty hard. Ad/Spyware or a virus seems likely.

Try this click here online process scan from the SuperAntiSpyware people, it'll tell you what's going on and may well pinpoint any undesirable process going on behind your back.

Josquius 20:48 18 Jun 06

That seems to be just a less good version of hijack this really, brings up nothing new.
I really don't think this is anything to do with a virus. I tried reformatting last time it happened but couldn't cure it.

woodchip 20:55 18 Jun 06

Try Bios on defaults as Overclocking will do it also. or Bad Ram

c0re 21:42 18 Jun 06

Yes... interesting..

I mean bad RAM or even a sick Hard Drive could be the cause.

By what you have described I would put bets on a Hardware issue.

Just process of elimination im afraid.

Josquius 11:11 19 Jun 06

hmm I don't think I've ever tried overclocking myself though something could have happened- how would I go about resetting bios to defaults safely. It is just a case of going into the bios screen and picking default? It effects nought?

woodchip 12:03 19 Jun 06

When you start your computer it will say Press xxxx key to enter setup xxxx is the key it say's to press like del or F1 or F2 etc while the computer is starting Instructions on how to use are on the bottom right normaly You do not have a Mouse you have to use arrow, Enter and escape keys

Josquius 13:44 21 Jun 06

Is there anyway to repair/replace the mouse and keyboard ports on a computer or would a new motherboard really be the only way to go again (which I obviously really really don't want)

woodchip 17:23 21 Jun 06

Why not get a USB set

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…