bad image checksum?

uk gareth 08:41 15 Mar 04

im running xp and was uploading some photos from my camera and i was 60% done when the message "stop:0000221{bad image checksum}the iamge kernel 32.dll is possibly corrupt.the header checksum does not match the computer checksum"so i rebooted the pc and it starts windows then comes up with the same error,even under safe mode it happens??
any ideas?
many thanks

Gongoozler 09:41 15 Mar 04

Your computer is shutting down because it thinks that there could be an error in the important file kernel 32.dll
click here;en-us;314474. If the computer works properly in all other respects, then I think it is more likely that there was an error in the photo file.

The checksum is a mathematical device that checks the integrity of the data. The image has a binary number added to it, the computer performs a mathematical process on the data and compares the resulting checksum with that imported with the image, and if the two checksums agree, then the data hasn't been corrupted. A similar checksum process is generally performed when you download files from the internet, and your computer performs a checksum test on the BIOS data at bootup for the same reason.

Gongoozler 09:42 15 Mar 04

I'll try that Microsoft link again with some spaces added to avoid corruption http: //;en-us;314474

uk gareth 09:55 15 Mar 04

ok i understand what your saying but how do i fix the problem when i cant boot up my pc?

uk gareth 10:47 16 Mar 04

can anyone help me?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…