bad image-cant use pc-help

dazfitz 19:42 23 Mar 05

my friend keeps trying to turn his computer on when it boots up a window appears with the message bad image:this application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINMM.dll is not a valid image.cant get past this to use pc.any ideas

Technotiger 19:49 23 Mar 05

Hi, I think the solution is explained here, though I had not read it through completely.

click here...

Technotiger 19:56 23 Mar 05

Me again - this is what is shown in my earlier click-here. Showing it in full for quick reference, rather than going through the click-here.

Sounds like you have a corrupted file, you should try replacing the file and see if that helps.

There are three ways to fix this issue:

1. Boot off of the Windows XP CD and goto recovery console. From there use the expand command to expand a new copy of the file to
replace the
damaged one.

2. Boot off of the Windows XP CD and goto recovery console. Copy the file from the backup directory dllcache and replace the damaged

3. Boot off of the Windows XP CD and goto Setup.
Run a repair on the damaged Windows installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…