Bad connection using VOIP

Emile 15:27 08 Nov 07

We are a call centre doing outbound calls. We are situated in Cape Town, South Africa. Our VOIP service provider is in Sweden which administer our server. Our ISP is in Johannesburg, South Africa who administer our adsl modem. Our internet line speed is half a megabyte. We have 10 computers dialing at the same time, but reception is very poor. Sometimes the receiver can't hardly hear the caller and versa visa. We all running WINXP SP2. Doing a speed test we get locally 586kbits/s. Testing internationally we 386kbits/s. What can I do to up the speed of our internet and how can I get better reception.

john bunyan 15:39 08 Nov 07

I had a similar problem on a home phone. My actual download is about 850kb/s . Vonage (my phone supplier) talked me through the problem so do talk to your VOIP supplier. I am thinking of getting a ISP with more than the current 1 Mb. Say about 8. You never actually get the width claimed. Can you get a higher speed package? I found a setting in the phone account that gave an improved performance but I am far from an expert.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac