Bad Boot-ups

ernieernie 18:50 02 Aug 04

I use a computer at a charity where I do some regular work. It consistently reboots itself at least once and sometimes twice. Even then things don't always work well until I reboot yet again.

Thinking it was a hard-disk about to fail we bought a new one, but that made no difference. A friendly adviser suggests that it may be an inadequate PSU. The existing one is 300w. Before we waste any more money can someone confirm this diagnosis or suggest a way of testing?

It isn't that we are being mean, it's the loss of use and the fear of something worse happening that bothers us.

Thanks for any helpful replies.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:20 02 Aug 04

what

make / model?

operating system (windows xp)?

ernieernie 20:31 03 Aug 04

Thanks Fruit Bat. The matter has been settled by fitting a 450w PSU which cured the problem - pronto. Your valuable advice is not now needed. Shame! Thanks all the same.
ernieernie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…