backweb4448364.exe

britianicus 11:22 03 May 03

I got a warning from my firewall that this was trying to access the internet on my Packard Bell laptop. I think it's a Packard Bell app but am not sure. Any ideas?

Lú-tzé 11:46 03 May 03

click here for a possibility.

Backweb allows for delivery of rich multimedia content to your desktop as you are working on other taks. The backweb download will only appear once all the file has been downloaded and will allow you to interact with Internet.com content. Internet.com's Backweb channel includes:

* Latest headlines from InternetNews.com
* Yesterday's close of market value for the ISDEX
* ... and many more interesting events.

Have a look for the prog on your hdd and see if there is anything there which might give an idea about it - eg a readme file.

A google search for backweb throws up thousands of pages.

Lú-tzé 11:50 03 May 03

click here too - it may be spyware. Get something AdAware or Spybot - both can be found via google.

cracker²³ 12:34 03 May 03

You havn't by any chance got a Logitech keyboard or mouse installed? I bought one of each the other day,installed all the progs and when running adaware it came up with backweb.It's installed along with the driver so you can receive update notices for the software.Needless to say I took it off.Dont know if this applies to you tho'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…