backWeb-4448364

leeky 21:18 20 Jan 05

Since I installed SP2, each time I start-up my computer I ger a 'Windows Security Alert@ window which states as follows:-
To help protect your computer, Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program.

Do you want to keep blocking this program?

Name: backWeb-4448364

Publisher: Unknown

It then offers me 3 options:-
1.Keep Blocking, 2.Unblock, 3.Ask Me Later.

I always click on 3 but would it be safe to click on 1.

JoeC 21:20 20 Jan 05
  rômanab 21:21 20 Jan 05

backweb-4448364.exe BackWeb is a generic, background downloading tool that software vendors can incorporate
into their product to download data (e.g. product updates) to the user's PC. Its operation
depends on the instructions given to it by the individual software vendor who bundles it.
BackWeb has been associated with numerous large companies working on a corporate level to
deliver timely information and updates. Essentially, BackWeb is a communications program whereby
a large amount of users may be contacted in an instant.

Read more:
click here...

VoG II 21:22 20 Jan 05
  rômanab 21:23 20 Jan 05

Sorry, link should be click here

rômanab 21:28 20 Jan 05

Make sure you don't need it before removing it.

I found and removed it about a year ago only to discover that it was my av which used it to auto update. Totally trashed my system so I had to put it back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…