Backwards Licensing

Jester2K 20:17 23 Dec 03

Is it true (i'll be contacting MS shortly) that if you hold a license for a Winodws OS or Office Suite that you can downgrade for free?

ie Buy Windows XP don't like it and therefore install Windows Me for free or don't like Office 2003 install Office 97 for free. Even if you don't hold a license for the old version but do for the new?

Jester2K 20:21 23 Dec 03

Ignore - posted before it was ready.

Lozzy 20:21 23 Dec 03

New one on me

Jester2K 20:26 23 Dec 03

Sorry the full story is

If you have a Site license according to MS you can uninstall Office 2003 and install and older version up to the number of licenses you own. HOWEVER it doesn't apply to OEM installations.

I was in the middle of preparing some information (got an e-mail from a friend who's knows this stuff really well in the middle of getting it ready and fired off the post before i could change it)

Jester2K 20:26 23 Dec 03

Site license = Volume License

spud 22:03 23 Dec 03

Hey jester if you feel like downgrading from your pc,i'll gladly swap it for my old amstrad 464, i still have in the loft!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…