Backups a go go!!!

bretsky 15:46 25 Oct 03

Hi everybody

Can anyone recommend a good backup program as I now have confusesd myself due to being so many on the market. I would like to backup my c drive completely onto a secondary drive which I have specially partitioned off. O/S is winxp home ed.
Regards Bretsky.

Skeletor 15:54 25 Oct 03

HI bretsky,

I use Acronis True Image which came free with a PC mag a few months ago, I think it's included pretty regularly on free CD's. Just check the mags. It does exactly what you are after, and it's so easy to use. Hope you can find it.

rawprawn 16:22 25 Oct 03

You already have a backup progam hidden in XP Home Edition, it is the same one that is with XP Pro and very good too, but you have to know how to get at it, so here you are. Put your XP CD in and let it spin down by holding the shift key for a few seconds. go to Start/ Run and Type valueadd\msft\ntbackup Double click ntbackup.msi.
Your backup program will be loaded.

spuds 17:57 25 Oct 03

Another one that you can look at, and perhaps test use the trial version click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…