backup/export Outlook Address Book

griffo 20:53 25 Mar 07

Can someone please tell me the best way to backup an Address Book in Outlook 2003 then transfer (import) it to Outlook on another PC?

I can use a removeable HD for the exercise but I cannot find clear instructions on how to do it.

skidzy 21:04 25 Mar 07

click here
A clear guide to do as you wish.

MAJ 21:06 25 Mar 07

Try this. click here

MAJ 21:08 25 Mar 07

.........then transfer (import) it to Outlook *EXPRESS* on another PC? Your title and request don't seem to be the same.

griffo 21:19 25 Mar 07

Thanks for the replies. It says to copy the .pst file when Outlook is closed. I presume that means going to Explorer, finding Outlook and then the Contacts.pst?

Unfortunately, I can't find Outlook!!!! So, I did a search and it says it's in C:\Microsoft\Office11 - but it isn't!!

I'm stumped.

griffo 21:20 25 Mar 07

I don't believe I've mentioned Outlook Express??

MAJ 21:48 25 Mar 07

Sorry griffo, I mis-read your title, have been up too long, darn hour going forward.

griffo 21:53 25 Mar 07

Maj - no problem.

Anyone any ideas how I can find Outlook in Explorer, so that I can try to find the Contacts.pst to copy?

MAJ 21:59 25 Mar 07

Outlook.exe (Outlook) will be at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11 , griffo. If you do a search for

*.pst

that's the multiply (star) symbol, dot, pst

Then that will return all pst files on your hard drive. Then right-click on one in the search pane and choose "Open Containing folder".

griffo 22:13 25 Mar 07

Tried a search for *.pst but it only found 'Backup' an Office Data File.

Woolwell 22:20 25 Mar 07

When you save your pst file you can specify the location. In Outlook on your contacts view select file and import and export then export to file. Chose the pst file format and select your locationjs where you want to save it using browse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant