Backup in XP

Nero6 15:22 14 Aug 04

For some months I have been regularly backing up using the XP Backup.
For no apparent reason, now when I backup all appears to be OK until at the end of the backup I get a message saying that there are skipped files and the report states "Error returned while creating the volume shadow copy: Catastrophic failure"
There are numerous files which are said to be unable to be opened because they are being used by another process.

Can anyone help please?

Devil Monkey 15:29 14 Aug 04

Anything here? click here

woodchip 15:45 14 Aug 04

Ether watch out for a Mag with Drive Image on it or Acronis True Image and use that to backup, it needs to be compatible with XP or go to PCWorld and by the program you can then do a proper backup that works ether to a different drive CD or partition

Nero6 16:08 14 Aug 04

Woodchip,are you saying that XP backup is no good?

woodchip 16:20 14 Aug 04

It's a cut down version as all software is in Windows. It's limited to backup to Hard Drive or Tape it will not work with CD also the size of backup is all or nothing when it comes to the size so that if it will not fit on a CD then you have had it. You also have problem backing up working files. None of this happens if you use Acronis True Image

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…