Backup word documents into Zip drive

Coll 15:32 26 Feb 03

Does anybody know how can I tell Word 2002 to save my backup files to my zip drive?

Forum Editor 15:44 26 Feb 03

I assume you mean that you want your ZIP drive to be used as the default location by Word?

You can do this, but you'll have to remember that the path must always be the same. In other words, if you create a folder on the ZIP disk called 'Mywork'and set it as the default saving location in Word you must remember to create an identical folder each time you insert a new disk in the ZIP drive.

To change the saving location, go to tools and select options. Then select the tab marked 'File locations'.

Click once on 'documents' to highlight it, and then click on the 'modify' button. Browse to your ZIP drive and select the folder location you want to use.

hoverman 15:45 26 Feb 03

Select 'save as' then click on the down arrow at top of window that opens and then select your zip drive. You can send saved docs by right clicking on the doc, selecting the 'send to' command and then your zip drive.

Coll 16:25 26 Feb 03

Thanks for the response. Sorry for not making myself clear. I want to save the my Word files in My Documents as normal but automatically save a backup copy to my Zip Drive.

wee eddie 18:16 26 Feb 03

All my working Folders and files are stored in My Docs.

At the end of each day I do a quick format on a ZIP disk, then highlight the contents of My Docs, Copy them and Paste them into the ZIP drive. Currently about 92 megs takes about 4 minutes. Start to finish.

jazzypop 18:28 26 Feb 03

It is not possible (unless you are a highly skilled VBA programmer) to set Word to do what you want. If you ask it to 'always make a back copy', this copy *must* be kept in the same directory as the original document, in order for Word to use it for recovery purposes.

As others have suggested, devise a backup strategy that suits your needs, a copy your documents by that method.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…