Backup woes

ips 12:06 10 Sep 04

I am using XP home and wish to backup my computer prior to installing the XP2 service pack.

I am trying to backup onto CD but when I use the backup utility I get the following error message: The backup filename could not be used "E;\Backup.bkf"
PLease ensure it is a valid path, and that you have sufficient access.

What am I doing wrong?

If this question has been answered before please point me in the right direction for the answer.

spikeychris 12:11 10 Sep 04

Are you trying to backup direct to CD? If so XP doesn't work that way. You will have to backup to another hard drive or to desktop then drag to disk.

GroupFC 12:58 10 Sep 04

spikeychris is quite right!

It looks as if you are using Microsoft's own back up facility (the .bkf file extension gives it away) direct to CD (assuming E is your CD drive). Unfortunately, you can't do this in this way. I think what you have to do is back up to somewhere on your hard drive (say your desktop) and then burn the resulting file to CD.

ips 00:49 11 Sep 04

Thanks for the response, I will give it go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…