Backup for windows 7

Skywalker7 19:30 PM 26 Aug 11

Hi I am trying to do a backup of my PC but whenever I try and save to a CD then the Dialog window informs me that I must first format the disc;no matter what I do it is not able to complete the format. I don't know what I am doing wrong? Can someone help please? Thanks

iscanut2 19:44 PM 26 Aug 11

Please tell us what you are trying to backup. Is it the whole pc including op system settings or just some data ( word files, music, photos etc..) Also how are you backing up ? What program or method are you using ?A CD will only contain approx 640Mb of data so not enough for the whole system.

sunnystaines 08:41 AM 28 Aug 11

have you looked at w7 own image back up, its works ok.

Skywalker7 17:53 PM 31 Aug 11

Thank you for the reply, I am having a problem here;trying to do a system image back-up and realize now that the disc won't hold enough data.Then I bought a USB (16GB)but when I tried to do the backup it says that I ca'nt because the drive is not NTFS?? I think I'm lost.

lotvic 18:46 PM 31 Aug 11

Please answer iscanut's questions so that appropriate advice can be offered

"Also how are you backing up ? What program or method are you using ?"

Zak 18:47 PM 31 Aug 11

[How to format USB drive and memory stick with NTFS ]1

Zak 18:51 PM 31 Aug 11
  Zak 18:53 PM 31 Aug 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites