Backup for windows 7

Skywalker7 26 Aug 11

Hi I am trying to do a backup of my PC but whenever I try and save to a CD then the Dialog window informs me that I must first format the disc;no matter what I do it is not able to complete the format. I don't know what I am doing wrong? Can someone help please? Thanks

iscanut2 26 Aug 11

Please tell us what you are trying to backup. Is it the whole pc including op system settings or just some data ( word files, music, photos etc..) Also how are you backing up ? What program or method are you using ?A CD will only contain approx 640Mb of data so not enough for the whole system.

sunnystaines 28 Aug 11

have you looked at w7 own image back up, its works ok.

Skywalker7 31 Aug 11

Thank you for the reply, I am having a problem here;trying to do a system image back-up and realize now that the disc won't hold enough data.Then I bought a USB (16GB)but when I tried to do the backup it says that I ca'nt because the drive is not NTFS?? I think I'm lost.

lotvic 31 Aug 11

Please answer iscanut's questions so that appropriate advice can be offered

"Also how are you backing up ? What program or method are you using ?"

Zak 31 Aug 11

[How to format USB drive and memory stick with NTFS ]1

Zak 31 Aug 11
  Zak 31 Aug 11
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message