backup vista

murphyman 20:58 27 May 09

hi everyone, i hope you can help me,i run vista home premieum
intel core 2 duo cpu
2.80Ghz
4gb ram
32 bit o.s
my problem is, i have acronis true image home 2009 installed,and when i went to clone my system to an external hard drive (usb
i got this error from acronis.
failed to create the scheduled task,
error #1722-"the rpc server is unavailable (oxffo"

can anyone throw some ligfht on why this is happening, i would greatly appreciate any help given.

The Kestrel 22:55 27 May 09

Try the Acronis forum click here

murphyman 13:14 28 May 09

thank you The Kestrel, i just dumped acronis, it does not work with vista, once again thank you

rawprawn 14:02 28 May 09

"i just dumped acronis, it does not work with vista,"

That is a sweeping statement which is not valid, It works for me and many others no problem.

keef66 15:09 28 May 09

we just bought a new vista laptop and I installed an older version of Acronis TI without a problem and used it to copy all our docs and settings from a backup of the old desktop pc. Once I have loaded everything else we need I will do a full backup of the laptop onto the external usb HDD.

Seems to work for me.

The Kestrel 15:13 28 May 09

murphyman The whole point of my link was for you to use the Acronis forum to try and solve your problem. There are a lot of very experienced Acronis users who contribute to that forum and may be able to help you solve your problem.

murphyman 10:53 29 May 09

thank you all for your response, your right rawprawn,it was a sweeping statement, it was made out of frustration, no doubt it works for some people but not for me.i found a copy of macrium reflect, and it backed up my system, and restored it without a problem so once again all is well. again thank you all for your responce.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…