Backup using Nero

flobby 10:51 06 Dec 05

Hi All,
I am trying to backup "My Documents" using Nero 7 Premium. Everything is fine I have 4.38GB in the files/folders. It copies and compresses OK and burns to disc EXCEPT when it comes to verify the disc drawer opens then closes and doe's not verify. the process stops at 66%.Another dialogue box appears asking for source disc (which I assume is the disc being burnt)and gives 2 locations my CD drive and my DVD drive I have burnt to DVD so choose this drive BUT the dialogue box just keeps on reappearing. Any Help would be gratefully received Cheers. Flobby

flobby 14:22 06 Dec 05

vinnyT 14:40 06 Dec 05

I don't use the nero backup facility, so can't help you with its workings.

But, 'source disk/drive' refers to the location of the files/cd/drive/etc. that you are copying from.

'Destination' disk/drive refers to the cd/drive/folder/etc you are copying to.

Hope this helps.

jimv7 14:47 06 Dec 05

I have just backed up my docs to dvd with nero, 3.97gb's worth.

I just used nero burning and dragged all docs from the preview window across to the burning window, clicked burn, waited 5.5mins checked dvd was readable and consigned said dvd safely to bottem drawer.

nothing easier.

flobby 16:09 06 Dec 05

I have used the browse option and chose My Documents, BUT it still comes back to the same dialogue box and the 2 options are CD writer and DVD writer..I have still left the window open waiting for an answer.

I have done a normal copy of things in my documents but this is supposed to be the answer to proper backups, when you are reinstalling, after a crash or reformatting
Cheers, Flobby

vinnyT 13:03 07 Dec 05

flobby, sorry not got back to you sooner, just logged on.

I'm afraid I can't help, as I already stated, I don't use this facility in NeroBR.

At least this will bump you up the page, where someone may be of more help.

flobby 18:49 07 Dec 05

I Will make do with just copying files to disc.
Thank You All
Cheers. Flobby

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…