//some 3rd party need geo

Backup Telewest BB Config...

BBez 13:53 26 Nov 05

Hi, away to format HDD, can anyone point me in the correct direction for backing up my girlfriend's Telewest Broadband connection settings so i can reinstate the connection after a format...

she's doesn't have an installation CD or know her username / pass as someone initially installed it for her...

can i download a setup disc image from telewest, seemed to go round in circles there :~(

tia...

VoG II 13:56 26 Nov 05

click here but you will need to know her username and password - normally supplied in a letter from blueyonder.

PaulB2005 16:35 26 Nov 05

If you are using a desktop CABLE Modem such as a Surfboard SB4100 then i've never used a setup CD.

Just reinstall Windows, install anti virus and other security software, plug in the modem, wait a few seconds and you're on-line.

Usernames and passwords aren't needed either.

bazb 16:53 26 Nov 05

I think you will need the username and password to set up the e-mail accounts. She should have received her username and password with the initial set up infomation from telewest.

Good luck

jimv7 17:34 26 Nov 05

If you use outlook express, in outlook express, tools/accounts/mail, highlight the email account, export it to folder or floppy, do the same for the address book, reload windows and in outlook express, reverse of the above, import account and address book.

BBez 08:45 27 Nov 05

thanks to all for the info, job done now...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…