Backup System onto a CDR

Vimal 14:22 09 Nov 03

New to XP and want some help in finding a good backup program which allows me to backup onto a CD.
Would like to be able to backup and boot from the CD if my system does down!!!
Any ideas???

Thanks

woodchip 14:44 09 Nov 03

The best backup for me is Drive Image, As it puts everything back just as when you create the backup. All in about 5 to 10 Minutes. You need to check the Version will work with XP as there are still older versions out there

pj123 15:12 09 Nov 03

I use Acronis which was given away on PC Answers magazine for March 2003 Issue 117. You might be able to buy a backdate copy from the PC Answers website at click here

pj123 15:14 09 Nov 03
  spuds 15:24 09 Nov 03

Check your XP, there is a back-up there.

pj123 15:49 10 Nov 03

spuds, don't have XP but previous MS backups have not been very good. Always had to use a Third Party backup system. Is the XP one any different?

accord 16:00 10 Nov 03

only xp pro has back up as standard

GroupFC 16:05 10 Nov 03

XP's backup program you can get from click here

TommyRed 16:28 10 Nov 03

I use Acronis True Image 6,0 the paid for version, costs about £30, cheaper if you shop around. Only used it once, restored everything up to just after a re-format, worked excellently. Tried to restore another image using about 3 discs,wasn't successful, probably something I'd done. On the one occasion I had to contact their tech support they where prompt and knowledgeable which is a big plus in my book. HTH TR

Hyperangelic 16:35 10 Nov 03

click here They have a basic backup software for beginners which only backs up to CDs and DVDs and a more advanced one for people with loads to back up.

I use the basic one and it seems ok.

SHUNNA 17:34 10 Nov 03

£54.99 for the CD BackUp MyPc!! Any one Know where you can get it for less?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…