Backup & Sync Over Home LAN

TomC99999 20:45 22 Dec 04

Hi,

I have just started working away from home a lot & need advice about how to back up all my data. I have a laptop and my regular PC connected via a wired LAN. I will be using my laptop exclusively for work and every time I connect it to the network I want to back up all the files in My Documents and everything I have stored in Outlook to the PC. This way, if I ever have my laptop stolen I will have a backup copy on the PC. From now on I expect the PC to basically act as a server and will not work directly on it unless my laptop goes missing.

I am running WinXPsp2 on both PC and Laptop.

What software do I need to purchase in order to do this?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

TomJerry 21:05 22 Dec 04

I used it regularly and like it very much. You can download and try it out yourself click here

fred 21:05 22 Dec 04

Personally I do the slow but sure thing. I copy all docs from the laptop to the desktop every time. This ensures that I have more than one 'back up' available. It has been needed. The desktop docs are then copied to an external hard disk. btw. The laptop is used on the wrok network as well and backups are made regularly to that as well as to another external HDD kept at wrok. Overkill? Thousands of hours of wrok there. Can not afford to lose the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…