Backup strategies

King Diamond 12:08 10 Feb 03

Anyone have any good doc's or sites on backup strategies.

I will be backing up small amounts of data, about 9mb daily. Need to have REGULAR BACKUPS.

Want to user a 2nd hard drive, usb 2 removeable media and cdr-rw for all the backups.

Must include sofware recommendations for cdrw backup and secondary hard drive backup.

Thank you.

Lú-tzé 12:13 10 Feb 03

Try this one: far and away the clearest and most comprehensive I have come across.

Lú-tzé 12:14 10 Feb 03

click here

click here

Sorry, clicked too quick! :-}

Lú-tzé 12:17 10 Feb 03

1) TOTAL IMMUNITY FROM DATA LOSS

This is the Holy Grail of Backups: A method that ensures you’ll never lose an important file; never have to rebuild your system and reinstall all your software from scratch; never have to re-type or recreate old data; never have that awful “Oh, no!” moment when you realize you need a file you deleted several weeks--- or even years--- ago.

Good backups do all that. They let you restore either a single file, or all files--- including system files--- back to a known-good state....

WayneKerr 20:05 15 Feb 03

Do thse backups work in the real world?

WayneKerr 20:05 15 Feb 03

Do thse backups work in the real world?

leo49 20:25 15 Feb 03

Partition Magic and Drive Image work for me. But do I live in the real world?

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…