Backup Software Needed

Mac & Beth 14:19 07 Jan 03
  Mac & Beth 14:19 07 Jan 03

Looking for a freeware or low cost Backup Solution for a Windows XP Home PC.

I have used the Windows Backup program before successfully but had a scare when i reinstalled Windows XP and ciouldn't access my own files click here and don't fancy going through that again.

I have two hard drives with the second contianing a directory for holding backups.

I would like a piece of software that is simple to use, and can be configured to copy folder a to folder b with all subdirectories. Nothing too fancy (no automated backups, compacting etc etc) needed.

I used to use NoHandsBackup 2 to set up lots of backup runs and then use a multi-launcher program to kick them all off one by one when making a brew, but NHB 2 crashes under XP.

Anyone any ideas?

AndySD 15:01 07 Jan 03
  colberly 15:07 07 Jan 03

Try Backup4all from click here it is freeware I haven't tried it since I already have a decent backup facility with NTI backup now, but it seems comprehensive. If you go to their website, click on freeware and scroll down to system utilities then click on Backup tools you will find the programme there.

Mac & Beth 15:37 07 Jan 03

AndySD and colberly - cheers for those.

I stumbled on EZBackitup click here which has worked so far so good.

I'll give the others a go soon and decide.

Cheers again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…