Backup software advice

chrisbenwalker 20:24 20 Oct 06

I am looking for a decent backup package for home use, and wonder if anyone has any suggestions. I have tried Nero Backit Up although when I run an update backup, it creates extra files and an extra back up with just the recently addeed files, rather than adding them to the previous backup. I have also had a look at windows backup, although it doesn't seem to let me have a look at files individually once the backup is complete - it looks like there is only an option to restore the whole backup in the event of a failure (am I doing something wrong?).
I generally run it without compression, so have a complete image of my hard drive to drag and drop later on if necessary.
Has anyone any ideas of what is particularly good? I have seen some have commented on Acronis True Image. is this any good and worth getting?
Any advice appreciated.

VoG II 20:27 20 Oct 06

My preference is Norton Ghost. The other 199622 members will probably go for Acronis TI but I know which I prefer. Windows backup is better than nothing but ...

Meshuga 20:27 20 Oct 06

I have had Acronis TI for a long time and find it excellent and that is the general opinion of others on this forum.

woodchip 20:28 20 Oct 06

Yes I use Acronis True Image 9. click here

skidzy 20:56 20 Oct 06

Free Acronis click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac