Backup Software

Mastermind 19:02 06 Apr 03

I'm looking for some software that will help me to backup my files to CD. Something that will prompt me when I need to insert a new disc or maybe even something that will only backup new files or those that have been modified.

Is there anything out there that reasonably priced that I can buy?

Can anyone recommend any freeware/shareware that I can download and try?

Foolsbane_1 19:17 06 Apr 03

I like MyOwnBackup (MOB). It will do what you want and is very easy to set up and use. And it is free! For download click here

pj123 10:42 07 Apr 03

Go to your Newsagent and buy PC Answers Issue 117 for April 2003.

Free disk has Acronis which I have just used and it is good.

Mastermind 13:42 08 Apr 03

I'll have a look for that then.

Any more suggestions from anybody?

drsslr 14:32 08 Apr 03

I am using Handy Backup click here on a Windows ME computer and on a Windows XP computer. Both work very nicely. It costs $30 but I could not find anything cheaper that worked as nice. Handy Backup will write directly to CD-R without formatting disks or running any other program. It will prompt you for a new CD-R when needed. When writing to CD-R it does not have the option for new or changed files. It uses standard zip format so the files can be restored on any computer without Handy Backup installed.

Belatucadrus 14:54 08 Apr 03

click here for PolderBackup 5 stars at Webattack.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…