backup software

rsturbo 08 Aug 12

hi i need some software to do the following

copy data in different locations on c drive and backup to external hard drive. i also need it to take versions of the backup so example if it backs up file 1 it needs to keep 3 revisions of that file (ie as the file on c changes it needs to keep a copy of the last 3 revsions of that file.

thanks for any help

ps i have to use it on xp and win7

john bunyan 08 Aug 12

For data (not programme) files, have a look at Freefilesynch Link

Or Synch toy . there are settings for various options. I use it to make frequent mirror copies of all my Data folder, including Outlook, to a second drive.

Daiol 09 Aug 12

Thats a good and simple little bit of software. go for it.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message