Backup software

Aquarrian 13:45 12 Oct 06

For years I have used Powerquest's Drive Image. It was no longer available when Norton took over Powerquest. Can anybody recommend an equivalent? Ghost as had some bad reviews and I was looking at Acronis True Image, but what how good is the Acronis product?

sean-278262 13:51 12 Oct 06

Acronis is rated as one of the best. Depending on your needs however have you considered free alternatives? Syncback for instance.

click here

Miros 13:54 12 Oct 06

Take a look at this thread and the free version of Paragon,

click here

johndrew 13:58 12 Oct 06

I use True Image 9.0 and have found it very good with excellent online support from Acronis. I did have some problems with TI 8 which Acronis Support helped with most efficiently and effectively.

You can try TI click here before you buy if it make things easier. I did look a several whilst making my mind up, a search of this forum will provide quite a bit of information/advice/opinion.

stylehurst 14:05 12 Oct 06

I can also recommend Acronis true image, it is far superior to Norton ghost.

wotbus@ 14:12 12 Oct 06

This version 4.0 came free on the cover disc of October's cough cough Pro ;-)
Seems to do all it should.

wotbus@ 14:12 12 Oct 06

click here
Sorry, omitted this bit...

Belatucadrus 14:20 12 Oct 06

click here Winbackup

click here Lexun backup solution.

SURVEY 14:20 12 Oct 06

I have been using Norton Ghost 9.0 for some time now and have found it to be easy to operate and appears to be reliable when I have checked to ensure files are accurately recorded for recovery purposes.

seventiesdolly 14:33 12 Oct 06

I have just discovered Acronis V9, after reinstalling on a new hard drive, and not wishing to go through total installaltion again. I bought it on ebay for a tenner and I now have a complete image backed up of my entire system should anything unthinkable happen. I've found it to be really user friendly :-)

Miros 16:02 12 Oct 06

This is for free version of Paragon.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…