Backup software

Aquarrian 02:57 16 Jan 06

Hi. Does antbody know the best backup software to use? I used to use Powerquest Drive Image until Norton took them over and stopped producing it. They chose to use the useless Ghost instead.

howard63 06:33 16 Jan 06

Try click here or type free backup software into google.

rawprawn 10:25 16 Jan 06

In my opinion Acronis True Image is by far the best click here

PaulB2005 10:47 16 Jan 06

Acronis True Image - another vote.

stylehurst 11:39 16 Jan 06

I swapped from Ghost to TrueImage some while back & have had no problems (not so with Ghost) TrueImage gets my vote every time

Wuggy 11:49 16 Jan 06

Acronis TrueImage is a first class program and has never let me down. If you buy it in CD format be sure to register on their website and download the latest build which will contain updated drivers and fixes for any discovered bugs. (Remember to make a new Boot disk at the same time) Also when making an image never choose to have it verified as part of the creation process. This is usually unsuccessful. Far better to create an image then run the program again and choose the option to check the image.
At the moment you can get Version 8 from Amazon for £17.97 including delivery. (Latest build for this version is 937). For an additional £12 you can buy Version 9. I upgraded to V8 in August when I got my new Dell and it works perfectly (I downloaded build 937 (free) from Acronis and saved it on CD for the future.

Aquarrian 13:11 16 Jan 06

Hi. Many Thanks to you all for your suggestions. I have seen favourable magazine reviews on Acronis but its what people purchase that counts. I will be getting my copy in the near future. Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…