Backup Software

Dlake 23:09 08 Oct 03

What's the best software for burning an image of my hard drive? Or is there a better way to do hard drive backups?

Thanks

woodchip 23:14 08 Oct 03

For me Drive Image

Dlake 23:16 08 Oct 03

Thanks woodchip

woodchip 23:16 08 Oct 03

Plus do normall backup of E-Mail on a reguler basis and docs or pics etc you know better than me, ether on to CDRW or a different Partition or drive it's up to you

woodchip 23:18 08 Oct 03

PS the Image is for when things are working OK, so that if they stop you reload the image then restore the incremental backup that you should have created

MIke 23:21 08 Oct 03

I agree Drive Image has rescued me many a time!

lapwlover 08:06 15 Sep 11

Trust backup software on the market, such as todo backup ,nova, macruim .They are more versatility software than windows 7. Schedule backup set, incremental backup, differential backup. Personally, I use todo backup free in my windows 7.

robin_x 10:05 15 Sep 11

I use Macrium very regularly (1-5days)and Easeus Todo occasionally for an alternate image.

Separate Mozbackup of Firefox and Thunderbird emails first.

8 images fill 'free' space on my ext drive. As I run short, I delete them. 3 would probably be a minimum. 1st one is image of a clean install (+AV+Firefox+Windows options set). Not to be deleted.

Unexpected features: I used EASEUS for first image, it will restore to a blank unallocated drive. In fact, last I checked, it demands 'unallocated'. Partition Wizard Boot CD or similar may then be necessary to do that if machine is non booting (to remove old partition before restore)

Easeus allows a partition of same size as image or larger.

Again, last I looked, Macrium demands partition(s) of EXACTLY the correct size (to the byte). While this is fine for day to day images where partitions have not been changed, it makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to restore to a blank drive. You can't get the new partition exactly right.

So for a new drive, I would restore Easeus then Macrium. But I continue to support Macrium because I find it much much faster than Easeus.

birdface 10:17 15 Sep 11

This thread is over 8 years old so why bother updating it.

robin_x 10:40 15 Sep 11

b*cks lol

woodchip 11:05 15 Sep 11

buteman Things change, I for many years now, My Backups are done using Acronis True Image. Don't think anything can come near it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…