Backup a SATA hdd

sjr1 12:43 11 Aug 03

Hello

Had look on search... does any body know of a software that supports backing up of the above drive's

email... Powerquest DI7 but still waiting for responce

Many Thanks

Stp[hen

Chegs ® 13:04 11 Aug 03

As DI7 says it works within windows,it MIGHT be possible to use it,although any backup created whilst the OS is using files is likely to be incomplete.I used to use DI5/2002 and tried Ghost,but none of them recognise the SATA drives.I need to create a backup as my SATA driver keeps getting corrupted,and I have to either Repair XP or reinstall the driver from floppy.

sjr1 15:05 11 Aug 03

lol...

very nice grammer in my post...

What annoys me is the use of a floppy to put my sats drivers ....i never use and had to reinstalled floopy when I got the new hdd

Chegs ® 05:03 12 Aug 03

Found a prog that recognises my SATA hdd's and NTFS filesystem,its called R-Studio,its main job is to recover lost data on hdd's/cdr/dvd,etc(as it informed me I had various errors on my cd-rom/cd-rw/dvd-rw,due to me having no discs in anything....lol)but on its website it says "R-Studio, R-Undelete and R-Linux can create an image file of any object they can recognize. Images are very useful if there is a risk of total data loss due to hardware malfunction. If bad blocks are constantly appearing on a hard drive, the only way to save the data is to immediately create an image of that drive. All data search, scan and recovery can be done from this image." from here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…