A Backup restore as put all items on wrong folder?

Damo1977 10:50 28 Apr 10

Due to a virus problem my laptop had to be wiped and HDD format.

The computer shop have annoyingly set me back up but spelt my name wrong on the user account.

I have restored all from the back up on my external HDD but it has put everything (Documents, pics, vids etc) as it was originally under my name folder (Damian). But when I tried to access this via he start menu my folder was still empty!

So I opened the explore function via start menu and have found the I am by default being taken to the user files that was set up by the computer shop which is 'Damien' (Name spelt with an e rather than a) and all my restored files are under a seperate file 'Damian'.

So when trying to save or open documents it is leading me to the new incorrect Damien files rather than the restored Damian files that I need.

Is there a way I can transfer these files across and update the name, the delete the new one. Or will it be easier to get rid of the new one set up by the computer shop and reallign my original folder to my current user account.

Sorry of this sounds confusing but I'm a bit mistified by all this and any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

regards.

Damian

mgmcc 11:05 28 Apr 10

Create a new User Account with the correct name and as an "Administrator" account, move all of your saved files into the correct location within the new account and then delete the incorrectly named account.

Damo1977 11:50 28 Apr 10

That is the strange thing, when I got the Laptop back I set up a new user 'Damian' with administrator but it still seems to be linked somehow to the 'Damien' files!

When i go to the User Accounts, there is only the new 'Damian' user that I set up and no other. So nothing to delete.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…