Backup & Restore Outlook mMail Floder

Gorillaz 16:37 28 Jan 03

I am in the process of switching everything over from a PC running Windows 98 and Office 2000 onto my new laptop running Windows XP Home and Office XP.
I have backed up my mail folders in Outlook 2000 and making sure that all the property attributes are unticked I have copied to a CD using Roxio CD Creator Version 4. When I try to import the mail folders to Outlook XP I get an error message stating that access is denied, I presume that this is due to the copy of the backup file that has somehow been changed to read only. How can I back up my mail folder?
The first of many posts over the next few days so thanks in adavnce to everyone who responds.
Fo

Gorillaz 18:11 28 Jan 03

Forgot to mention I tried the respone to my previous thread on Friday night that was supplied by Jazzypop so I must be doing something wrong when I am copying

Gorillaz 18:38 28 Jan 03

Sorry jazzypop just realised I was trying to restore the backup I had made on Friday night that was causing me all the problems.
Taught me a lesson to clearly label all backups!

jazzypop 18:41 28 Jan 03

click here for the previous thread that Gorillaz refers to.

From your decryption above, it seems that you may have performed some of the steps that I outlined in the previous thread 'out of sequence'.

To reiterate -

1. Export from Outlook to any destination on your PC, e.g. My Documents.

2. Copy to CD

3. Copy from CD to the Desktop on your new PC

4. Then, remove the read-only attribute from the .pst file that you copied to your Desktop.

5. Import

My apologies if you have done this, and I have misinterpreted.

jazzypop 18:42 28 Jan 03

LOL - you posted your update while I was composing my reply :)

Glad it's all sorted.

Gorillaz 14:23 29 Jan 03

Not a problem I will be back on late I now have a problem integrating Outlook with NAV and Norton Firewall.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…