Backup question

jhm 11:52 10 Dec 05

Does the built-in backup utility backup everything (Operating System, data and software) when selecting 'All information on this computer' or would I need something like Ghost to do an image

PaulB2005 12:32 10 Dec 05

You would need Ghost or Acronis True Image to do that.

alan227 12:33 10 Dec 05

If you are using XP Pro, have a read of this.

click here

PaulB2005 12:39 10 Dec 05

I note it says "By using Backup you can create a duplicate copy of all of the data on your hard disk and then archive it on another storage device, such as a hard disk or a tape." But woul it be a good enough system to backup your entire drive?

alan227 12:44 10 Dec 05

As PaulB2005 says, to be on the safe side, Ghost or Acronis is the way to go.
I use Acronis and although I have never had to use it for recovery purposes I know some people who have and they have been up and running again in 30 minutes with everything intact.

PaulB2005 12:46 10 Dec 05

I've used Acronis True Image many times to recover a system - 2 software installed gone bad and seeral tests with the trial software.

Never set a foot wrong for me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…