backup query

sdf 23:23 24 Oct 04

I want to create a complete system backup using the WinXP utility onto my removable HDD. I use Steganos Safe 7 for all my secure data which, for those who have never come accross it, creates "virtual" drives which disappear like a removable storage media when closed. If I used the complete system backup utility would it copy the secure .sle files (which must still exist on the HDD) or sill I have to find a way to back these up seperately? might it make a difference if the drives were "open" so could be seen? many thanks

hugh-265156 01:06 25 Oct 04

windows backup is ok for backing up a few files etc.

my advice is to make a complete image of your hard drive to another drive such as your removable hard drive or cdr dvd etc. with something like acronis or drive image. you wont regret it, this comes in really handy if it all goes pear shaped on you.

instead of having to re install windows and then update it again and then install all your software and back ups again, you can be up and running with a fully updated operating system and with all your essential software installed in under half an hour in most cases if you keep the images up to date. well worth it.

click here click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…