Backup programmes

JoJoh 19:56 28 Oct 03

Can anyone suggest an easy to use cd/rw back up programme that will work with an extrnal Freecom Classic drive connected via the parallel port. I require this to be able to time a backup daily and pre-load what I want to back up.

I am getting very confused with Incd and Direct CD etc. I now realise that if I format a CD for drag and drop then I cannot use it another way.

All I want to do is to select the files and then time the backup.

JoJoh 20:12 28 Oct 03

One extra point. I find Microsoft Backup very easy to use. It allows you to save jobs so that you can have a Monday to Friday backup. It will not however allow for scheduled backups.

R4 20:16 28 Oct 03

Norton Ghost 2003 on will work on parallel port CD/DVD writers see::click here

R4 20:24 28 Oct 03

Incd and Direct CD formated CD's can still be reador copied from if the writing Incd or Direct CD program is running. Although Incd has trouble reading CD's written by Direct CD and vice versa.

Re: Ghost. I believe you can use the dos command line option's to schedule backups.

JoJoh 20:31 29 Oct 03

Thanks for the info. Does Norton Ghost back up files over a network?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…