backup or restore xp data to cdr discs

bally1 02:32 25 Jul 04

your recent article re backing up xp home user files , having followed the guide , i managed to start backing up data on floppy discs , but i found i was using to many floppy discs. can you advise how i backup this data to CDR i have a dvd burner

Diodorus Siculus 08:47 25 Jul 04

click here for a good guide to backing up data.

AndySD 08:56 25 Jul 04

What software do you use with the burner....eg Nero

AndySD 13:23 25 Jul 04

By email windows xp home edition pentium 4 120 gb ram power dvd roxio cd creator 5

click here shows a basic backup with your software. The files to back up are your choice here but personally back up My Documents and any files I have saved to the desktop... and any drivers I have downloaded.

Stuartli 13:38 25 Jul 04

XP Home, unlike Pro, doesn't have the Backup feature installed by default.

From your XP installation CD-ROM, look in \valueadd\msft\ntbackup; install the file named NTBACKUP.MSI by double clicking it.

However, although I have XP Pro, I create a multisession CD-R and drag and drop the files etc I wish to backup onto a Folder named on the lines of BackUpddmmyy; this enables you to know when it was created.

Using floppies is a very long winded method...:-)

Diodorus Siculus 14:16 25 Jul 04

i would like to know how to backup my systems restore in the event of a failure , i have managed to start the process but the information is being downloaded on to floppy discs , i have used 12 floppy discs up to now , i read in the PC advisor august edition that it is possible to download this information onto CDR discs but it is not clear how to do so can you help me.

Please answer via this thread; that way others can help you too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…