Backup and Nero Advice

carrotop 15:37 15 Apr 03

I have ME and Iomega650 CD-RW using Nero.
I want to save as backup as well as transfer to another computer, various files. Which is the best method for reliable record/playback?

1. Use MS Backup utility with 1.7 data compression and burn as a data file with Nero Express.
2. WinZip the files before burning direct to Nero without using MS Backup.

If I use "HD Backup" option on Nero - does it only work if the HD is already partioned? This option does not compress files but will it work safely with WinZip files?

Can anyone tell me if one does a "full erasure" with Nero, is the InCD formatting wiped out and needs to be redone?

Will a CD-RW disk formatted with InCD playback on most CD/DVD drives installed in most modern computers?

Thanks for any help - I have tried to get answers from Ahead (Nero) without any luck.

eccomputers 17:58 15 Apr 03

Im not sure I understand what you are asking when you say does the HD have to be already partitioned?

If you erase/format a cd-rw in nero it will not be in the incd format unless you specify.
If you burn using incd and put it into any other pc it will not be able to read it unless you have nero installed. There is also an incd reader program that you can download and install instead of using the full nero.

Nero copies any files on your system that you specify and so if you specify zip files, it will burn these very successfully.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…