Backup HD & Operating System for under £30

neil_raj 18:14 03 Oct 04

After a few posts asking for information on whether I could backup my HD and the Operating System, the information was that I could not. I have found some software that enables you to do this.
Go to click here and search for the following, Drive Image 7 PC Backup Data CD-ROM, it retails on their site for under £29.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:19 03 Oct 04

xxcopy will back up all the system for nothing ;-)) click here

G

rawprawn 18:20 03 Oct 04

click here At about £27 the best backup system I know. I don't understand why you were told you could not backup the whole system

mosfet 18:23 03 Oct 04

Acronis True Image Delux...also costs nothing.
Works great.

neil_raj 18:31 03 Oct 04

I bought a laptop on ebay recently and although it had a licensed copy of XPPro I dont have the disc, my Dell Lattitude is making a bad clicking and cratching noise and keeps frezzing. Guess the HD is on its last legs. I have XXCopy will it ask for the OS disk? Thanks. NR.

GroupFC 18:49 03 Oct 04

"Acronis True Image Delux...also costs nothing" - where from pease?

GroupFC 18:50 03 Oct 04

pease!!! Where did that come from??

rawprawn 18:58 03 Oct 04

I have never used XXCopy, but I don't think it would have any reason to ask for the OS disc. Acronis does not.
GroupFC, if you find out will you let me know.

dagwoood 19:16 03 Oct 04

I did a google to see if Acronis True Image Delux was available for download as freeware a couple of days ago but didn't find anything.

I'd like to add my name to the list of members who would like a link to this s/w :0)

dagwoood.

TomJerry 19:39 03 Oct 04

Acronis True Image Delux... was free, yes.

You can ask around to get a copy. But you may not be able to use it because it asks for on-line registartion, I do not thinking Acronis take any free registration anymore because a few newer versions have been relased.

It really worth to pay and get a copy of latest True Image.

If you really want free ones: xxclone click here, HDClone (Free Edition) click here, G4U click here, PC INSPECTOR clone maxx click here

Caså 20:21 03 Oct 04

The bought, Acronis True Image Delux, could not create & restore any better than the free one.Maybe faster I don't know.I have all the family's & frends images on an external HDD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…