backup gedcom files

al 12:37 11 Dec 03

Can anyone tell me how I can backup or save to floppy/CD family research info without the jumbled jargon of gedcom.. Please!!!
Al.

rowdy 13:48 11 Dec 03

You may be able to export the files as CSV ( comma seperated variables ) these would then be able to open in most spreadsheet applications and be capable of import into another familytree program.

The jargon you refer to is no problem if it is just a backup as most familytree programs would accept gedcom as an input.

rowdy

al 18:36 11 Dec 03

Hi rowdy. Thanks for your answere. It could solve my problems. But what I also want to do is Print copies and send to relations who do not have a computer, strange as it may seem.
I simply want to print out the trees that I have created on the computer, and save to disc.
If I copy to floppy in gedcom format, and then at a later date I want to download from that floppy, I will just get gedcom format which is useless to me.And copying from one software to another is also no good, because again it is in gedcom format.
Help.
Al.

rowdy 19:55 12 Dec 03

Can you tell me which program you are using in your family tree research.
Normally when you have a tree displayed on screen if you click on file/send/floppy it will save the tree as displayed onto the floppy.

You could also click file/print and it should just print outlike any other file.

rowdy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…