Backup File extension *PBF

JohnnyK_A1 21:40 23 Dec 05

Unfortunately my hard disk has recently died (overheated I think). Ironically it died whilst I was carrying out some backups of my data. I do however have several backup files which I now need to restore. That's the background.

The file that I need to restore has a *.PBF file extension & I don't know which backup program was used to create it. Because the backup program used was also on the now dead HD, I now need to find out which particular backup program created the PBF file. I do remember that the backup program was probably a free download, but there are so many different backup programs. I've downloaded some of them, but none as yet has been capable of reading my backup file & restoring it. I've searched the Internet via search engines, but have been unsuccessfiul in finding the correct program.

If anyone out there can tell me which particular backup program creates backups with file extensions of PBF, I would be most grateful. Thank you in anticipation of your helpful answers.

Regards,
JohnnyK.

VoG II 21:42 23 Dec 05

Looks like Paragon Disk Image click here

JohnnyK_A1 11:47 24 Dec 05

Hi VoG,
Thanks for your reply.
The backup program definitely isn't Paragon Disk Image or Sprite (although both have PBF backup file extensions). These progs arn't available for a free download & 100% useable program, hence I wouldn't have had that installed on my defunct HD. It must be another make of backup program. Any other ideas chaps & gals?
Regards,
JohnnyK

roeland 21:08 01 Jan 06

Johnny,

Use Cyberlink Powerbackup to open PBF.

Roeland

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…