Backup to dvd fail's at the end

ACOLYTE 09:32 03 Sep 05

I am trying to backup some files to dvd everything goes ok till the end then the burn fails with a few errors

Invalid block address

could nto perform end of disc at once

invalid write state

i have tried two kinds of medium and get the error on both,i have backed up before with no problems,the firmware is up to date on the recorder,i am using nero 5.5,any one have a clue as whats causing this error.

freaky 09:51 03 Sep 05

Suggest you update your version of Nero, and try again. The latest version is 6.6.0.16.

ACOLYTE 10:00 03 Sep 05

I cant update from 5.5 to 6.0 and i dont wanna buy v6.0 just for backups because thats all i use it for.

pj123 11:17 03 Sep 05

I can understand you not wanting to buy a later version just for a one-off operation but you can get version 6 from click here for £3.49 plus postage. You can then update it to the latest version 6.6.0.16 for free on the Nero website. click here This version contains a module called Back-it-up which I use to back up all "my stuff" on to DVDs.

PC Bilbo 11:48 03 Sep 05

Had a similar problem burning DVD using Sonic conflicting with Norton A.V. (XP Home SP2) When I disabled the security progs. the burn completed.

there are also issues with earlier versions of Nero conflicting with XP SP2 which causing it to crash.There is a download to fix

click here

ACOLYTE 12:31 03 Sep 05

Could this be caused by changing the file names?
when i click burn a box pops up saying that file names will be changed to make them compatable with my OS.

I will look into v6,but whats the differnce between AC 5004 and 5097 ?

pj123 14:05 03 Sep 05

ACOLYTE, sorry I am not sure what the difference is, (maybe 5004 doesn't have codecs/plug-ins)

I bought 5004 and since updating to 6.6.0.16 it seems to be very comprehensive. The 2 updates required are 35mb and 37mb respectively so if you are on dial-up it will take a while. I have both updates on a CD. If you don't want to download them email me your address and I will post them out to you. Note: they will not update version 5.5

ACOLYTE 15:52 03 Sep 05

I have BB so its not a problem for updates,it does say this is OEM so would it work with my cd/dvd writers? as i thought they only worked with the ones it came with.

ACOLYTE 18:22 03 Sep 05

I just want my 5.5 to work as it did ((

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…