backup disc for xp

patso 13:36 17 Sep 04

when i got my computer there was a software bundle for works with it but no xp disc,even though it was on my list of software.i was on to maxdata help line and was told to get a loan of xp home and copy it .is this also the recovery disc or am i missing another disc.i was told all the drivers are on the xp disc as well.does anyone know if there telling me the truth or fobbing me off and can i copy xp with nero.any help appreciated thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:14 17 Sep 04

It is illegal to copy XP aswell they know, they are fobbing you off. Have you paid for it yet as part of the bundle? The drivers for the motherboard should also be provide with the computer these will not be on the XP Disk

I assume you have no operating system on your new computer? IF opsystem and mobo drivers pre installed on the hard drive already they should provide a recovery disk.

jack 14:22 17 Sep 04

Fruit bat is right
If you purchased this RETAIL then you have been mis -sold and the Consumerwatch Forum would like to hear more I am sure.

If you have purchased second hand - then you too
have been miss sold the O/S and all other disks in the original budle goes with the machine Complete.
Take it back in each case.

patso 13:35 20 Sep 04

the os is installed as is xp .i have the motherboard disc but no xp disc.the serial number of the xp disc installed is on the back of my pc.is the xp dics the recovery disc ?or is it the motherboard disc,sorry for replying so late as i have been away.thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…